Skip to main content

***HELP***Superior Asset Management

Submitted by on Wed, 09/26/2007 - 23:43
Credits:
[Donate]

Can someone please help me?

I'm trying to clean up my credit report & I have a delinquent account w/the collection agency Superior Asset Management.

How do I take care of this if this company is no longer in business?

Do you know this company is no longer in business? The I am thinking you will have to find out who is taking care of their accounts since they are no longer in business. Try contacting the original creditor, they may know. dispute it on your credit report, stating that the company is no longer in business and you do not have a forwarding company to pay the debt.

Submitted by puddlejmpr on Thu, 09/27/2007 - 00:08

puddlejmpr

( Posts: 1634 | Credits: )

First of all they are being investigated by the Florida AG and also go under the name of Bay Area Credit Service, LLC. When you call the number for Bay Area Credit Service,(800-386-0074) the auto attendant says Superior Asset Management. So your guess is as good as mine - I would check out the FTC and find out why they are being investigated ..

Submitted by on Sun, 12/09/2007 - 17:05

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )

I would dispute it with the bureaus. How can a company that is out of business verify the acct?? If they do, then i'd let the bureaus know they are NO longer in business. This may be removed but then the "new" CA who has taken over will more than likely report under their name.
Good Luck and keep us updated,
Ang

Submitted by Ang on Sun, 12/09/2007 - 17:11

Ang

( Posts: 2306 | Credits: )

Wow they actually reported on someone?? These people are bottom feeders. A FOIA request from 2004-2006 reveals over 900 Complaint against them to the FTC ranging from Harassment to threats of Physical violence. dispute the report. they usually cant or wont validate. If they do (validate) then what are the specifics of the account: 1) Date of last activity on the account (when did you last make a payment?)(2) What state was the account opened in? (3) When was it first, and also most recent reported on your credit reports. is the Original creditor also reporting the account ( if so this is a violation of the FCRA). SAM is a bunch of Butt Munches.. I have a special hatred for them in my heart, thats how I found this wonderful community in the first place.

If you dispute the reports, and the Credit bureau can't validate it (i.e because SAM is out of business, which, by the way I doubt), then they will have to delete the entry from your reports.

Submitted by LCW on Sun, 12/09/2007 - 17:45

LCW

( Posts: 1151 | Credits: )