Skip to main content

chapter 128

Submitted by on Sun, 06/14/2009 - 07:52
Credits:
[Donate]

I live in wi and would like to know if anybody has or knows how to go about filing for chapter 128 by themself without an attorney as I have heard it can be done. Can anybody address this for me? thanks!

Yes, you can file Chapter 128 without an attorney's help as per the new law, but you need to deal with the creditors and the trustee by yourself. As far as I know, you need to file a petition with the circuit court mentioning the name of the creditors with a small filing fee. After you file the petition a neutral trustee is appointed by the court who lists the creditors and the amounts owed to each, after consulting you. The trustee then calls up your creditors for a repayment plan. The trustee then reports to the court about the plan. If the creditors cannot come to a feasible plan, the court may dismiss the case or recommend a plan to pay off the debt within a period of 3 years.

Submitted by novice on Sun, 06/14/2009 - 23:19

novice

( Posts: 290 | Credits: )

I have also been looking into chapter 128 from what I here it's a difficult process without a lawyer. But I can't find any recomendations on a good one. I have been talking to Jeff Murrell. Does anyone have any advice?

Submitted by on Tue, 06/16/2009 - 00:50

( Posts: 202330 | Credits: )